Saturday, May 23, 2009

Getting Back On Track

Happy Memorial Day! First, I would like to say thank you to all of the service men and women who give or have given themselves selflessly to defend our country and freedom.

Well, I have moved. I am not completely unpacked. I am however, starting to get things back on track! Please feel free to stop by and check out what is new.

My latest ventures include some charms I have made for a charm swap through the Yahoo group "Altered stArt", a custom order of two miniature crochet bears for a friend of my Aunt's, and a Little Mermaid crib sized quilt.









The charms are made from mini binder clips, ribbon, embroidery floss and beads. The charms are less than an inch in any direction. The bears are about an inch tall, maybe smaller, I didn't think to measure them before I sent them away to their new home. They do sit on a mini quilt that is one inch square, so that should give some idea to the size. The Little Mermaid quilt is approximately 43 inches wide by 60 inches long, and the backing fabric is the same as the purple outside binding and the sashing. The Little Mermaid quilt is currently listed on eBay, and if it doesn't sell, it will get transferred to etsy, for a longer duration of selling time. COMING UP SOON will be a pink crocheted bear named June, another crocheted bear named Carmen who is made from baby alpaca thread, very soft, and a pink verigated doily.

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Wonderful, Betsy!! I'm so happy to see that you're blogging :)

Your art is wonderful, as always!

Sunday, May 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home