Friday, October 9, 2009

New Swaps for Altered_stArt

Well, I have been busy lately with two swaps for the yahoo group. The first of these is a Halloween circle fat book. I'm not sure that I am all that happy with it, but they will have to do as the deadline is 15, October. I do not have time to re-do. The sky, moon, tree, and grass are all hand painted. Some look much better than others...but Halloween isn't always pretty, now is it? The spiral side is not what I had intended it to be. But it contains a cute little poem titled "Spooks" by Sandra Liatsos. Here is the link to the web site. http://www.theholidayspot.com/halloween/poems.htm

The second swap is for a collaborative 2010 desk calendar. This year is done with a pocket. I participated in last year's calendar, and have thoroughly enjoyed it since it arrived in the mail. There is such a wonderful array of talent, thought, and care put into these.
I made a small gift envelope to put into the pocket of my calendar pages. Participants won't know this until they receive the calendar, read my blog, or the hostess of the swap reveals this. I chose yellows and oranges for the base of the pages, and then added the flip flops in various colors of paper and beads. June is the beginning of summer, and what a better way to symbolize that, than with a pair of cute flip flops.
I cannot wait until I have both the calendar, and the Halloween fat book in my hands. These swaps are always a treat!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ivy said...

Love your Halloween art! I didn't have time to join those two swaps but I'm sure loving seeing what everyone is making. Whoever receives your pages will be thrilled!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009  
Blogger Francine said...

I was sad to have had to turn my calendar over to a different month. I will miss this page.
But, next year I will print out calendars for the year and put them over last year's. Then I can enjoy my calendar again.
Lovely page.

Sunday, July 04, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home