Friday, July 10, 2009

A Bit of Nature

This is the first bloom from a planter of wild flower seeds that I planted this spring. I am so excited to see the blooms coming, finally. I know the picture is a bit blurry, but I will try to post some better pictures as they all open. It was just too windy to get a great picture.
This is a frog (obviously) that my husband found while weed whipping around the house. He thought it was a mama frog. He brought it in the house to show our children. This is how that went. Logan, our son, screamed bloody murder. He is scared of anything creepy crawly like frogs and bugs. I finally calmed him down by telling him that it was a mama frog and it was "gall gone" and it went home to see its babies. He is still asking me if "froggy gall gone home babies". Layla, our daughter, tried to get a prince out of the deal, meaning that she thought it neccessary to kiss it. I wonder if that only works with male frog species...hmmm...something to ponder. My husband and I got a good chuckle out of each reaction.

I added two photos of the frog, because I just love the color in the photo here. I couldn't believe the camoflauge of the frog. I had to have my husband point at it when I snapped the photo, because I couldn't see it otherwise. It blended that well into the grass and leaves. Truly amazing how nature works sometimes.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home