Tuesday, October 27, 2009

One New, and One Old...

This is a new project that is just finished. It is a "micro mini" crazy quilt. The dimensions are 1 1/4 inches wide by 1 1/2 inches tall. Yeah, small. I was shocked that my embroidery lessons from years and years ago actually stuck. I don't normally embroider, so, this is a good thing. I wish I could have gotten the picture bigger, but it just got too blurry. The seams are all lined with mixed blue beads, and the ones going across the duck button do lay, or stand, depending on your point of view. They were just pushed down by the scanner bed. I hand stitched all of this down to the batting and backing. It really is a quilt. Not too shabby for my first crazy quilt ever, but don't ask me why I had to do such an itty bitty thing for my first attempt. The next picture is an altered watch. I made this around the time that I joined Altered_stArt. All in all, about two years ago, ball park figuring. The scanner did not do this right at all. The dimensions of the watch face are 3/4 inches across and 7/8 inches long. In the top left corner are some gears from the watch itself. The frame around the doll face are super small rhinestones. The gold on the bottom is a cut out of angel wings, and the word in the bottom left says "continue". The pink background is darker than is shown here. I am not sure how well I like it, coming back in time, but we all start some where.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home