Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day Gratitude

I want to start off this post with expressing my deepest gratitude for our soldiers, sailors, and other service members. With the recent tragedy at Fort Hood in Texas, it seems, that this is even more important than I normally think. My day is planned with my husband who has the day off. I am so grateful for his presence in my life as well as others. I have several friends whom are in the military. It never seems like saying "Thank you." is enough. Not even a day off is enough return for the freedoms that I celebrate, and like others, often take for granted. I caught part of the Fort Hood Memorial Service on C-SPAN yesterday. When the Sergeant Major did the roll call, and the deceased victims names were called, with no reply, I cried and cried. I pray that my husband will always be able to call out when his name is called. I always mourn a service member's passing in some little way, whether I know them or not. There is the saying: "All give some, some give all." This is so very true. I have no picture to post today. Maybe if I find something fitting, I can edit the post later. For now, with my deepest gratitude to service members past, present, and future, Happy Veteran's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home