Saturday, July 3, 2010

Busy Day...

Well, I started this day off with a solo trip to Craft's Direct. I am not sure if this is a chain store, or just local store. I L-O-V-E this store. They have a clearance outlet store next door. I went there first looking for a great bargain, and found several. I have no idea really what exactly I got, except for stamps and paper and a stencil. I love goodies for cheap! AND ~ the first thing the cashier says is that everything is an additional 20% off!!! {JACKPOT} Then I proceeded to the regular retail store, and got some mini squeeze bottles for my alcohol ink making experiment...you probably dont want to know about that just yet. Still in trial stages. I also got two ink pads, and some jewelry findings. Not so glorious as 20 percent off, but hey, some things are neccessary.
So, then I came home, and was informed that a good friend was coming and arrived about ten minutes after I did, so I haven't had time to play with my new stash...bummer. But, we did make a trip to the store so I could get food for supper, before we headed out to the dam.
If you look back to last summer's posts, you will see something about the Blanchard Dam, and what makes it special besides its scenery. That special something is called cross rocks, or fairy rocks. They are so awesome. I found some great specimens today, and when the weekend settles down, I will scan or photograph some and post. I even got to sound like I know what I was talking about to some other people as we were leaving. They wanted my advice on how to find the good ones...like I know...lol. So, I passed on the info that someone last year had passed on to me. Karma, right. So, one lady claimed dibs on my spot where I was scavenging. I hope she had some luck.
So, we came home, the five of us. Our guest is our ex-roommate that lived with my husband and I before we were married and I had Logan. He is like family, and was there for both the births of Logan and Layla, as my husband was deployed for both...grrr....thank God for good friends.
I made supper which consisted of steak, grilled corn on the cob, ranch style potato salad, and baked beans. Then for dessert, I made strawberry shortcake with fresh whipped cream. Am I sounding a little Martha-ish? Blech...
Now, we are suffering through sweltering heat, with no a/c. This sucks. A lot. If it would just storm, it would cool down a bit.
Anywho..........shown through out the post are four more pages from the sketchbook. I am excited to get the new ones scanned and posted. Some neat things and new techniques! Yay!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home