Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July!!!!
I want to start off by thanking all of the people who have given so much so that I may continue to celebrate my freedom. I love my country and my freedom! My deepest gratitude to our soldiers past, present, and future.So, I posted not to long ago, about my day. I wanted to share these photos of a dress I made for Layla from an old tshirt of her grandfather's. It is equally special in that it was grampa's shirt, but I was also with grampa when he bought it. It was the day that my husband graduated from basic training. Such proud memories. The day before the graduation I had the honor of attatching the blue infantry cord to my husband's Class A dress uniform. So special. It was then that Logan became a twinkle in my eye. And just to note, he was about the tenth twinkle in an eye of my husband's graduating class. I thought that it was a little too long, but she swishes and sways and whirls and twirls in the dress the way it is. I didn't have the heart to take that away. Sometimes, watching a child find simple joy just makes me speechless.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home