Saturday, July 11, 2009

Altered Cigar Box - NOSTALGIQUE

Cigar Box...I chose the theme name of NOSTALGIQUE because that seemed to be the theme of the items my swap partner sent to me. I am fairly pleased with my work so far. When I worked at Jeld Wen in Iowa, one of my supervisors told us that if we wouldn't put the door in our grandmother's house, it was a bad door. I have carried this little standard or rule with me. I think my grandmother would be glad to have this cigar box. But more importantly, this is going to someone whom I have never met in person. Only through a group on Yahoo. I wouldn't want her to receive this and think "Great. What a piece of crap.", and then drop it in a drawer somewhere or worse, the trash. (Play a screeching horor movie sound...)Above is what I have gotten done on the lid so far. I think this side of it is done. The picture is framed by birch branches that I picked up out of the yard. I picked them up for a different project, but they seemed to be perfect for this. The above photo is of the cigar box laying flat on the table. I covered an old jewelry gift box with some paper that was in my received goodies. Then I punched circles and ran them over the edge of an inkpad to give them some definition. Glue on buttons from said goodie stash. I cut the letters from a package label from stickers that were included in the stash...and there you have it, and antiqued looking title/theme for the box.
Below, is the cigar box standing up. I am debating on putting some finials on the bottom for the box to "stand" on.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home