Monday, July 5, 2010

"I know it's a rock!"

Good day! Lots to do today. So before I get that started, I am going to get these posted. The first two pics are from the sketchbook. The sea turtle is so dull in in the picture. Really dissapointed in that. There is a lot of depth of color and texture to the background and the green on top. Also, the border of the page where the quote is written is a light green. So, sorry for such a let down. The green is supposed to be seaweed, and to get this accomplished, I clipped a leaf from one of my cosmos plants and dipped it in the paint.
On the left side of this layout is a piece of glossy photo paper and some of my first experiments with my alcohol ink. The black is permanent marker on top. Again, the photo just sucks compared to how it looks in person. Isn't that always the way.
And below, are some rocks. I am so dissapointed that nothing is coming through the way I want it to. The one just below the quarter is super thin and flat on one side. I am going to try some image transferring on it...probably won't be for a while, but someday. The very top one is actually a big chunk of mica. This is used alot in products like pearl ex. If you dig a few inches down out at the dam, the clay looks like silver because of all the mica. The reddish rock on the top right and below the mica is so cool to look at. There is a band of red and black dots running through it. Zendoodles in nature, yay! The rest of the rocks, are my beloved cross rocks. Some are just fragments where the cross has just started to form, and well, you can see the rest. These are slightly damp to show the detail better in the scan. And, I am wondering, if these are a luck talisman, does that mean good things for me?
My next quarter of school starts tomorrow, so I am sure I won't be frequently posting again. I have several projects coming up along with school. Those involve a Halloween Tag swap, my Junk Journal swap, the sketchbook, among others. I will continue to post the sketchbook as time permits.
Take care!
P.S. The title is a quote from Disney/Pixar's movie Bugs...lol...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home