Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Something New...

Something New...
Well, I'm not sure where to start, except for I feel change coming this year. I have several intentions. I always have several intentions. I have just never felt this subtle nudging before. Perhaps its because I am getting closer to my Associates degree, which means that proverbial door is opening. (Above is the Valentine's Day card I made for my husband, and instructions for it can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XxT4ugh3C4&feature=relmfu, and I am in no way sponsored or affiliated with this lady, Dawn, but I am inspired by her!)
These two pictures, above and below, are my results for a swap. We were to decorate it in a Valentine's theme, and fill it with artsy goodies and some sweets. Only, I made this way bigger than required, I hope my swap partner doesn't mind! I liked the red, black and gold paint, and the edgy feel it has. I dont know what happened that it ended up with all the broken jewelry and such on the top, but I let my work lead me where it will. I am pleased with the results, and hope she is too. I had to add the candy outside of the box. The only problem with this little box is that the drawer was an insufferable pain in my ass. It would not stay in, and I was constantly picking up what I had put in it. I hope the person receiving it reads the note inside before opening it!!
This last picture was a request for a friend back home. She wanted me to make charms of little girls for her grand-daughters. My mother says that the picture does not do the actual charms any justice. Hmmm... well, I tried. If I have learned anything this year, it is that I need to buff up on my photography skills, keep sticky fingers from my camera lens, and find a better solution for my backdrops...desk and printer paper arent cutting it.
So, it is my intention to blog at a minimum of once a week. Not off to a great start so far, but at least I showed three projects all started and completed since the New Year rang in. I've decided that since it is not always going to be about crafty artsy stuff, maybe I should just talk about life once in a while, so my appologies if it becomes a little bitchy once in a while...its just the way I am.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home